Friday, March 1, 2013

New quilt!

Alright, so I really haven't been good on updating my blog...technology isn't my thing or top priority.  BUT I will try my best to update on my current quilt. Here are the starting of the next one, and for the first time I am using all printed fabric.

So my pictures are of my initial sketches and design for the quilt. Since the drawings, the design has changed due to sizes of pieces that I wanted to cut and sew. The good news is that I may continue with this basic pattern and find many ways to change it up. I have also included a picture of the back of the quilt. One day I would like to make a quilt where the back is actually the top. (Meaning seam allowance is on top). I added a picture of my work station, and lastly my current progress. I plan to make the quilt queen size so its going to be a repeat of 4x4 blocks with borders at top and bottom ends. I have no idea how I'm making the back yet, but I'm forming ideas of how I would like to quilt it. Probably similar to my last quilt, keeping it geometric.  I will have to post a blog of my previous quilt and other project progress. But for now, enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Both quilts are beautiful. My favourite is the one that is bright blue and gold, it looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete