Monday, April 22, 2013

Tracks, Maps, Quilts, and Life.

Right now I am in Miami. And it is great weather--overcast and a comfortable temperature. I am here for the Sun Conference Track Meet.. day 3 of 3. Things are going well, we've had a couple of teammates win events (such as 10k and javelin) and a couple second place finishes (1500 and 4x800) as well as a third place finish in the women's 1500. For a distance track team, Id have to say "go us". A few more events and we will be on our 7.5 hour drive back to Savannah.

I have been making progress on my embroidered maps and am almost completely done with one. The Wisconsin map as seen below. In the end I think 40 hours of work will have been put into it. And I still have 2 more maps to embroider. On top of all my other homework. It will be an exciting last 6 weeks of college...

My next update is that I have finished the back of my most recent quilt and am on my way to finishing quilting it. I'm really excited for this one and think it will end up being my favorite. Can't wait to show you!

Lastly, I am a senior this year and boy has it ever been an adventure. I will be graduating in June where my family plans to come and visit me and enjoy a vacation on Tybee Island in celebration. Currently I don't have any immediate future plans, no job lined up and no idea what I am going to do. As scary as that is, I'm kind of excited by me not planning everything and having it all planned out..like usual. Sometimes ya gotta get lost to find your way. Lots of stuff has happened while getting lost and I'm not sure if all of it is good or bad. But I like to stay optimistic and will claim that even if it was "bad" that I can take away from the "bad" things and call them learning experiences. Everyday I learn something new and quite often something new about myself. I will end this by saying that life is good, the world is my limit and there are endless possibilities.

If you are interested in seeing more of my work, check out my online portfolio at behance.net/hriniker

1 comment:

  1. I love the concept of embroidering on maps. This is very unique and appealing to the eye. Very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete