Friday, May 22, 2015

Welcome to Wisconsin

For the summer, I have accepted my old job of working for Shuttleguy LLC. It is a company that provides a hospitality service for bike tours, supported. I have done this job many times, beginning when I was in high school. It has always been one of my favorites for th reason that I get to travel, be outside, work hard, meet people, and am around bikes. People on bikes are just happy.

I tried to keep my return a surprise for my parents, and I got them! After driving doe 13 hours, I crashed at my sisters house and spent the morning with my niece while my sister found a way to get mom to lunch. Using rollers, I was able to efficiently use my time and spend time with Payton while getting my ride in. It was a good morning. After almost giving my dad another heart attack by surprising him, I went out for my real bike ride. The weather was 45 degrees and rainy. I was not enjoying my ride. But I guess this isn't Georgia!

Yesterday I got out for another ride and it was perfect weather. I felt Great on the bike and everything seemed just right. The only thing that was missing was my best friend and riding partner--Kevin. Soon enough I'll get to ride with him again! On my ride yesterday, I started in Platteville, WI, and then rode to my sisters house. On the way, I did a little sight seeing and passed the biggest "M" in the country. It's for the miners. On a mound. It was neat to ride by. I've really only seen it from the highway all these years I've lived in the area. I'll tell ya though, those roads out there are kind of rough on the bike! Not to mention the wind yesterday. I was almost blown over 5 times. But still enjoyed the ride. :)

Well I've got to get back to work, this was more of a snack break and catch up post. I'm going to try to make efforts to post nightly about the days adventures this summer since I will be traveling so much and being in a different state or place practically every week!




No comments:

Post a Comment